Fostering young, up-coming talent is an important part of building community. The aim of the Film Student Program is to support local film schools and their students and give them an opportunity to use their full skillset and creativity. We are interested in featuring students' work on our visual platforms: website, online proposals, and social media. Any content produced may be featured in current campaigns thereby helping students build their portfolios.
2024 Program Guidelines
- Our virtual artist-in-residence Film Student Program is an opportunity for third and fourth-year students in Capilano University to pursue their own work under the theme of “Connection.”
- This project is focused on film and video only.
- Selection decisions are based on previous portfolios and the fit with the proposed project.
- Duration of residency: 8 months
- Program start: January 2, 2024
- Program end: August 30, 2024
- Applicants must complete the questionnaire and submit their portfolios (instructions provided).
- Deadline to submit applications is November 30, 2023.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for a video call or in-person meeting.
- The selection process will be completed by December 15, 2023.
- Number of opportunities: 1
Three Shores to Provide
- A stipend of up to $6,000 total for the residency period is provided for operational expenses. Receipts must be submitted.
- Please note the 2024 program is a virtual residency.
- Consulting on the project concept and scope (through bi-weekly check-ins).
- Depending on the media created, the opportunity to host a screening/exhibit (virtual or in person) with an opportunity for the students to speak to the audience.
Students to provide
- Original content: details TBD by Three Shores and chosen artist prior to the start of the residency.
- If exhibit/screening is to take place, availability, virtual or in-person, for a Q&A session or to speak about the process and outcomes.
- Testimonial of experience post-project (written or video).
Students are expected to pay for their own expenses, including travel, food and supplies.
About Three Shores
Three Shores has built a philosophy around thoughtful development that builds communities. With a background in property development, capital markets and commercial investment properties, founders Mehdi Shokri and Barry Savage paired their entrepreneurial spirit with a desire for transparency to develop a collaborative approach to their developments that challenges the status quo. Three Shores focuses on developing community-driven multi-family rental and condo properties across the Lower Mainland, including the first-ever zero parking, childcare-inclusive residential building in North Vancouver.