Applications are now closed. Stay tuned for more opportunities.
2023 Student Project Guidelines
- Our Film Student Program is an opportunity for third and fourth-year students in Capilano University to pursue their own work under the theme of “Community.”
- This project is focused on film and video only.
- Selection decisions are based on previous portfolios and the fit with the proposed project.
- Duration of residency: 4 months
- Program start: January 3, 2023
- Program end: April 30, 2023
- Applicants must complete the questionnaire and submit their portfolios (instructions provided).
- Deadline to submit applications is December 15, 2022.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for a video call or in-person meeting.
- The selection process will be completed by December 20.
- Number of opportunities: 2
Three Shores to provide
- We will provide an unfurnished apartment in Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver from January 3 to April 30, 2023. Utilities are included.
- A stipend of $2,000 total for the residency period is provided for operational expenses. Receipts must be submitted.
- Consulting on the project concept and scope (through bi-weekly check-ins).
- Depending on the media created, the opportunity to host a screening/exhibit (virtual or in person) with an opportunity for the students to speak to the audience.
Students to provide
- Original content: details TBD by Three Shores and chosen artist prior to the start of the residency.
- If exhibit/screening is to take place, availability, virtual or in-person, for a Q&A session or to speak about the process and outcomes.
- Testimonial of experience post-project (written or video).
Students are expected to pay for their own expenses, including travel, food and supplies.
About Three Shores
Three Shores has built a philosophy around thoughtful development that builds communities. With a background in property development, capital markets and commercial investment properties, founders Mehdi Shokri and Barry Savage paired their entrepreneurial spirit with a desire for transparency to develop a collaborative approach to their developments that challenges the status quo. Three Shores focuses on developing community-driven multi-family rental and condo properties across the Lower Mainland, including the first-ever zero parking, childcare-inclusive residential building in North Vancouver.